Royal City Soccer Club 2023Organization Type: Sports & Recreation
Address: 1251 Northside Road, Burlington, Ontario L7M 1H7
Contact: Volunteer Coordinator
Position: Camp Volunteer
About Us: The Royal City Soccer Club (RCSC) is a non-profit, community organization started in 1993. For over 3 decades, we have hosted a unique soccer camp experience for over 300,000 children between ages 5 and 13 years. Our camps are now the largest grassroots soccer camp in Canada with over 100 locations in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, and Nova Scotia. The popularity of our camps is not only due to our program structure, but also because of the great volunteers and staff we have. Our camp operates Monday to Friday from July 3 until September 1, 2023 (except August 7).
About the position: Volunteers can apply for:
- morning sessions (20 hours/week, Mon-Fri, 8:30am – 12:30pm),
- afternoon sessions (20 hours/week, Mon-Fri, 12:30pm – 4:30pm) or
- full days sessions (40 hours/week, Mon-Fri, 8:30am – 4:30pm)
All nine (9) weeks of July and August are available to volunteer for. Volunteers at our summer day camps may have any of the following responsibilities:
- Assisting staff with coaching and supervising children at camp
- Equipment collection and maintenance (ie. inflating soccer balls, collecting cones)
- General help around camp
- Maintain a clean camp environment and help staff meet all safety protocols
- Adhere to and help enforce all camp policies
Qualities we’re looking for:
- Enjoys soccer and sporting activities
- Great with children (ages 5 to 13 years)
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Responsible and reliable
Eligibility: Volunteers at our camp must be at least 14 years of age by the time their camp week of volunteering starts. If you are 16 or older, you may be eligible for a CIT (Counsellor in Training) or Camp Counsellor position with us. Any volunteers aged 18 or older will be required to submit a police background check. There are a limited number of volunteering spots available at each camp location.
How to apply: Visit our website at royalsoccer.com and follow these 5 steps:
- Visit our EMPLOYMENT
- Click on the province you are in (feel free to watch our Staff Testimonial video).
- Review the STAFF INTRO PACKAGE by clicking on this blue button and a also review the Volunteer description (at the bottom of the page).
- To apply, click the APPLY NOW button, and setup an account.
- Complete the Volunteer Online Application by clicking the appropriate blue box under the ‘Start a New Application’ section.