Aphasia Nova ScotiaOrganization Type: Social & Community Services
Address: 23 Braeside Lane, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3M 3J6
Contact: Anne Rendell
The mission of the NSAA is to:
- To increase public awareness of adult aphasia and other language disorders affecting people after stroke and other brain injuries.
- To support and/or provide community programs for people with aphasia and/or language disorders: communication groups, and relearning for speech, writing and reading.
- To provide information about resources to recover lost skills to the extent possible, to compensate for skills that will not be recovered and to minimize the psychosocial impact of the language impairment.
The NSAA vision
- Increases public awareness of aphasia through education.
- Acts as an independent source of information for people with aphasia, families and/or caregivers, healthcare professionals, and the greater public.
- Promotes and supports the participation of people with aphasia in their own communities.
- Encourages participation of all members.
Social Media Links
Aphasia Nova Scotia’s Volunteer Opportunities
No Entries Found